GURUGRAM: It was Luxmi’s dependence to Facebook and WhatsApp that finally resulted in her murder, claimed her husband Hariom who strangled her in sleep last Thursday.
During interrogation, Hariom, who had been detained on Friday, told cops that he was fed up with his wife who would spend hours with her cell phone, chatting with people on social networking websites.

Also Read: Various YouTube Channels Gets Hacked by Prosox & Kuroi’SH!

The 35-year-old man claimed he was upset that she had been ignoring him, their children and her duties as wife and mother.images113-300x200 Man kills wife for ignoring kids due to ‘Facebook, WhatsApp addiction’

Hariom strangled Luxmi (32) to death while she was sleeping in their Sare Homes apartment in Sector 92 late on Thursday night. On Friday morning, when Luxmi’s dad Balwant Singh visited their home, he found her lying on a bed with Hariom sitting close to the body.

Hariom, who was able to run a computer repair shop in IMT-Manesar, was produced at a city court that delivered him to two-day police remand on Friday.

What is WhatsApp Payments And How to setup Whatsapp Payments

All was fine for the first couple of years and then I got her a Smartphone. In the past two decades, the telephone slowly changed her, and she started ignoring me and the kids. It seemed that the kids and I had ceased to exist for her. She wouldn’t cook foods or perform any household chore; she wouldn’t take the children to school or help them do homework. She spent nights and days on Facebook and WhatsApp,” he maintained.

“I originally ignored all, believing she’d soon get bored with all these but things only got worse. We were fighting daily and the kids were under stress,” he added.


Hariom also said it was due to Luxmi’s addiction to call and negligence to the family he had been forced to send his children — an eight-year-old daughter and a 10-year-old son — to a boarding school in Kurukshetra.

However, Luxmi remained untouched by the children’ lack and began spending more time on her telephone instead.

“She would never allow me to see her social networking accounts. I guessed she had been having an affair online. We again had a major fight on Thursday night and when we went to sleep, I knew I couldn’t take it anymore,” Hariom told authorities.

On Monday, he was produced in court which remanded him in judicial custody.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here